- The All Important Need for God,
- What it means to Truly Live in His Grace,
- Learning Forgiveness: for others and myself,
- Raising Beautiful Children,
- Joy, Peace, Patience, Perserverance, Passion, Beauty,
- Most of all: to learn how to LOVE.
Just a girl with a passion for God’s Kingdom…
Primarily raised in South/Central Texas, I do consider myself [kind of] a “Texan”! My parents divorced when I was a baby, both remarried and had more children. I lived primarily with my Mom, Stepfather, half-brother and sister and spent my summers with my Dad, Stepmother (who is lovingly referred to as my “step monster) and two half-sisters. Dad lived in Flagstaff until I was entering High School, then moved to Washington State. Summers in WA were always a great relief from the heat and humidity of South Texas!
I’ll give some bullet points and leave the rest for this blog.😉
- I am a photographer.
- Journaling, reading and studying were a major part of my younger years (and are still today.)
- I dreamed (and still do) of traveling, writing books, being a photo journalist, adventurer, and a doctor.
- Ballet and classical music have always been soothing to me- the first paycheck ($1) I ever received was from dancing in the Nutcracker when I was 6.
- Chocolate, cinnamon bears and strong coffee- all my constant indulgences since a very young age.
- The ocean is my favorite place on Earth.
- I Hate Cacti.
- I Love Flowers and I love to watch the Sky.
- Shoes, purses, makeup, skin care and body products are all way too exciting for me to give up at this point. (I do, however, attempt to sell or give away the excess.)
- I feel strongly that women should always wear “foundations” under their clothing…not matter how hot it is outside.
- The only constant in my life is God.
- Once set free into the world, my adventurous and rebellious side kicked into high-gear for approximately 15 years.
- Many lessons learned and a bunch of scars to show for it (and a tattoo that no one would guess I have, until I wear a short sleeved shirt….yeah. It’s big and on my arm. So there.)
- Now called to the highest purpose, with One focus: to live ever so humbly in love.
Although I don’t feel old…yet…I do feel the need to stay beautiful as I age. I’m not referring to physical beauty…not completely, anyway. I am referring to the beauty that radiates from the HEART. The kind that can only come from true love; the kind that takes real work to maintain.
My goal: find truth.
Far from a professional writer, however, strongly convicted to share “my story”… We purify our hearts by obeying the truth.
“Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart.” – 1 Peter 1:22
For more “ABOUT ME” and to view some of my current projects: BEAUTIFUL THINGS THAT MAKE ME SMILE.