A MOM’S BATTLE CRY: Bring It On, Summer!

🎶Good morning! Today is last day of school for our children…until August, I shall enter into a season of: 😬😬😬

• battles and
  • noise and
  • laughter and
  • love and
  • fun and
  • swimming and
  • cherished memories with
  • three crazy monsters

I shall be tested, tempted and tried! Yes! I am preparing for war! Lord, help me endure! These monsters- they talk nonstop, they seek to abscond with my cash, they tempt fate by hurling themselves through the summer air into the pool (sometimes barely missing the edge with their precious skulls!) They speak as though they are more wise than a grandfather and they gather their rowdy neighborhood troops and raid kitchen, leaving it barren and in dire need of repair!

Oh the sound of little, wet, bare feet racing across my clean tiles! The brilliant streaks of colorful “washable” markers on the dining table… Accompanied by the battered bottle of glue which lays helplessly on its side as its guts seep slowly onto the floor beneath the colorful dining table.

My mop, my poor mop- she feels inadequate as she no longer has the ability to keep up with the monster’s terrors! 💦

Oh, to summer vacation! May the washing machine survive the endless loads of towels!  May the mop live to see the autumn leaves! May the “washable” markers and glue stand true to their claims!

May this mommy remember: time is fleeting! These monsters grow taller and wiser each season!  I know I’ll wake up- all too soon- to the mere memory of the sounds and duties of today. Honestly, it’s a brief thought, as my heart needs to live in this season, not in worry of what’s to come.

My children are little monsters and I love them with every molecule of my soul! So, here’s to the Summer Chaos, I’m so blessed to endure! Bring it On!!!

Oh, how great are God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways! For who can know the LORD’s thoughts? Who knows enough to give him advice? And who has given him so much that he needs to pay it back? For everything comes from him and exists by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen. (‭Romans‬ ‭11‬:‭33-36‬ NLT)

Blessed and Humbled!

☀️Greta☀️

24 Comments

Add yours →

1. Chatterbox Chick June 17, 2015 — 11:09 PM

Love this blog, oh and I love winnie the pooh, you really put your thoughts and words together well.

Liked by 1 person

• When I posted this, I was meaning to check to see if Winnie was still on TV…I LOVED Winnie the Poo! Thank you for loving my blog- it is my therapy (and way more fun than actually going to therapy!)

• Chatterbox Chick June 18, 2015 — 12:00 AM

i will read all the rest of your blogs when I run some bubble bath…and I will check back when you post. Hope you have a fabulous night~

Liked by 1 person

• No fair! Our new house has a little tub in the master bath and our children often shower in it …. Too much work just to sit in a mouse sized tub of bubbles. lol

• Chatterbox Chick June 18, 2015 — 11:01 AM

oh lets not even go into house size, thats an entirely different blog. I have a charming little house but yeah 3 girls and my son and a hubby at one time and ONE small bathroom. These older homes didn’t have luxuries, booo……..~!!

• Holy moly! You have a full house! And THREE girls?! I commend you!!! My one girl has me on the hormone coaster😁 but she is a lot of fun.

• Chatterbox Chick June 18, 2015 — 11:29 AM

No 3 girls with me and my son. Well he’s grown, so just me and the two daughters, sadly the signifigant takes more baths than I do, is that weird, a man who loves baths..?? LoL

Liked by 1 person

• Lol! That’s still a lot of girls under one roof! I think men who take baths, and enjoy the concept of grooming, are real men. My guy would take a bath if he could fit in it!! Lol (I’m cracking up at the thought:)

• Chatterbox Chick June 18, 2015 — 11:41 AM

yeah I would assume any tub unless you have like the spa/hot tub kind is small for most any guy. Its so quiet here today. I may go insane.

Liked by 1 person

• I have NO idea what quiet is!!!!!! Wait, that’s not true- it’s quiet when the kids are sneaking marshmallows in their beds! Lol actually I know what you mean. It’s deafening.❤️

• Chatterbox Chick June 18, 2015 — 12:01 PM

oh marshmallows in bed, it beats crackers I suppose as that is always a mess.

• The worst was a whole bag of white chocolate chips I found in between my daughter’s sheets- melted in a mound of goo! 😷

• Chatterbox Chick June 18, 2015 — 12:22 PM

oh my that sounds like a blog, how I have not killed my kids *chuckles* i am sitting in the tub with the comp and diet coke …ok they arent actually in the tub. I want to drink coffee all day and read but that wont happen.

Liked by 1 person

• Haha that’s funny picture- computer in the tub! I think I drank enough coffee (espresso) today to give a grizzly bear the jitters!

• Chatterbox Chick June 18, 2015 — 1:07 PM

is expresso stronger tasting, more caffeine? Can you buy it with the keurig. I sadly love the 600 calorie mochas with whipped cream but Im trying to cut back, booo~

Liked by 1 person

• It’s very strong- fine ground espresso roast packed down into a little basket…I’ll have to post some espresso pictures! I do 2 shots along with the small cup of hot water from the Keurig and some extra heavy cream….it’s hair raising after 3 rounds! Haha😬

• Chatterbox Chick June 18, 2015 — 2:22 PM

why yes you will have to take pics with instructions for the blonde like me, hmm hair raising, I’m in.

Liked by 1 person

• Lol! You’re funny!!! I’m kinda blonde, too, so no telling what your express will be like! My dada had an espresso room instead of a laundry room (very serious stuff there) and he doesn’t think I make it right;)

• Chatterbox Chick June 18, 2015 — 4:37 PM

Are you italian? Some how I visualize your dad an italian mafia type now, with his hidden expresso machine having his friends over for poker..??

• LOL! He probably is in some kind of car mafia, now that you mention it- or maybe cycling gang. All my parent’s friends (for as long as I can remember) have come over to drink his espresso….haha that sounds funny, too. We are of mostly English/”German-ish” decent. Both of my grandmoms simultaneously claim we also have African American great grandfathers (which completely cracks me up because 1. they both say that without knowing the other one said it- and 2. we are very light 3. The only thing dark about me are the roots of my hair durning a couple of weeks between hair appointments!)

• Chatterbox Chick June 18, 2015 — 5:09 PM

Now there’s a blog, how to hair color at home, I may write one on the catastrophies of box coloring, oh could I tell you some crazy stories. I hate that I went short, now my dark roots are awful. But yeah blondes do have more fun. Ha to car mafia.

• Oh and I know you can get the espresso roast for the Keurig- it’s just not as strong. I wish I could send you some real quick! ✨

• Chatterbox Chick June 18, 2015 — 2:23 PM

I used to spoil myself and order some stuff exquisite stuff from Hawaii, Real Kona coffee…oh it was so good.

2. Beautifully written and made me yearn for those years so long gone when they were small, sweet, and innocent to the world around them. Now they are grown and both have daughters of their own. You have a beautiful talent for writing and I look for more from you.